Based in Taipei, Taiwan
Feb 18 2016
The Swords is an action game inspired by the ancient martial art of wuxia. It tells the story of a sword master's life and his deep immersion in the art of swords, told through an expressive ink wash painting aesthetic.
The Swords was developed in Taiwan by a team of three. The project started in February 2014 and the game was released on February 18, 2016.
- Martial arts game focused on the beauty of movement
- Unique gameplay mechanics expressing different sword-fighting techniques
- Artistic expressions of ink wash painting and calligraphy
- A magnificent combat-driven score
- Free of in-app purchases and ads
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Apple App Store "Best of 2016" in Taiwan" 2016
- "Google Play "Best of 2016" in Taiwan" 2016
- "IGF China 2015 - Best Mobile Game" 2015
- "Indie Stream Award 2015 - Special Recognition Award" 2015
- "Game on Weekend 2015 - Best Game" 2015
- "GMGC 2016 - Indie Pitch Arena Winner" 2016
- "Indie Prize Awards Asia 2016 - Best Game Design Nominee" 2016
- "Red Bull’s Mobile Game Of The Year Award 2016 - #8" 2016
- "Mobile Games to Make Time Fly"
- Kit Eaton, The New York Times
- "'The Swords' Is a Short Game With a Simple Title That Hides a Wealth of Beauty"
- Nick Dinicola, PopMatters
- "Become a sword master and defeat your foes in The Swords"
- Christine Chan, AppAdvice
- "The Swords - A cut above the rest?"
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "Practice Patience with Painterly, Puzzle-like Swordplay"
- Daniel Fries, Kill Screen
- "The Swords: A Magnificent Mobile Melee"
- Jim Hargreaves, TheSixthAxis
Music Production team of The Swords. Check their SoundCould: soundcloud.com.
About Sunhead Games
Sunhead Games is a Taiwan-based studio founded in 2012, creating unique, innovative video games with an independent spirit. Sunhead has released A Ride into the Mountains, The Swords, and Carto.
More information on Sunhead Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Swords Credits
Design, Sunhead Games
Programming, Sunhead Games