Based in Taipei, Taiwan
Press / Business contact:
+886 919 330 355
Sunhead Games is an independent game studio in Taiwan. There are currently two members. They believe in the power of a good game could bring for the players to experience the extraordinary, which would accompany them later in life. The team is keen to bring the transformative experience for more players.
Back in 2010, Lee-Kuo Chen and Chia-Yu Chen met while working for the same company. They had adjacent seats and interacted frequently with the common enthusiasm and fervent interest towards indie games. In 2012, they decided to leave the company and create their own work.A Ride into the Mountains
Their first outcome "A Ride into the Mountains" is a retro action game depicting an adventure of a horse rider into the mountain woods. This game took well over a year to develop. Almost every bit was completed on their own, which also explains such a long time it took to finish. By the time they launch the game, they have already lost confidence to carry on. Fortunately, the game received not only positive feedbacks from the players, but also a number of critical acclaims from international media such as The Verge, TouchArcade, and IndieGames.com. These are the main reasons for their passions to keep working.Recent Updates
"The Swords", an action-based game of ancient martial arts, is the latest work from Sunhead Games. It is a story about a sword master and his lifelong immersion in the art of swords. In addition to the original team members, Allen Lee also joined the development team as an artist. The three of them could not dedicate themselves in this project full-time, therefore most of the work is done at their leisure time. They then met in the weekends to discuss the progress. This working mode has lasted for more than a year until eventually they felt "The Swords" was nearly completed.
A Ride into the Mountains YouTube
The Swords YouTube
There are far more images available for Sunhead Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Sunhead Games. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "App Store "Best of 2013" in Taiwan & Hong-Kong" - A Ride into the Mountains, 2013
- "GameApe Mobile Game Award - Silver Award in Taiwanese Games" - A Ride into the Mountains, 2013
- "Gamezebo The Best Games of 2013" - A Ride into the Mountains, 2013
- "IGF China 2015 - Best Mobile Game" - The Swords, 2015
- "Indie Stream Award 2015 - Jury's Special Awards" - The Swords, 2015
- "Kaohsiung Game on Weekend - Audience Award" - The Swords, 2015
- "A Ride Into the Mountains is a very impressive game that makes the most of old-school graphics by creating a compelling storyline."
- Jason Parker, CNET
- "'A Ride into the Mountains' is a beautiful, challenging adventure"
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
- "“A Ride Into The Mountains” is a calming and reflective experience that expresses a different kind of beauty that gamers should welcome."
- Charles Huang, Examiner
- "This isn't a novelistic game. It's poetic. It doesn't say much, but it says it with quiet elegance."
- David Clarke, TouchArcade
- "A Ride into the Mountains is a picturesque, archery-based, epic adventure"
- John Polson, IndieGames.com
- "Ride is the sort of experience that’ll hook you from its first moment and leave you completely satisfied in the end."
- Jim Squires, Gamezebo
- "A Ride into the Mountains is fairly unique and it is hard to compare it to other games in the genre."
- Lory Gil, iDownloadBlog
- "Lovely visuals, a great soundtrack, and fun controls all go to pulling you into the story A Ride into the Mountains wants to tell you."
- Hamza CTZ Aziz, Destructoid
- "It’s quiet, moody, and just challenging enough to keep the experience engaging."
- Brandon Russell, TechnoBuffalo
- "Beautiful music, breathtaking scenery, a touching story, and some boss battles that are surprisingly intricate. A Ride into the Mountains really is a miniature masterpiece."
- John Bardinelli, JayIsGames
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Business & Development, Sunhead Games
Development, Sunhead Games